Admissions Procedure for Oakfield Academy
Appeals – Applicants whose school place application is turned down have the legal right to appeal against the decision to refuse admission. Details concerning how to appeal are explained in the decision letters sent out when a place is refused please click on the following link.
Admission arrangements of all mainstream academies & free schools must comply with the 'School admissions code.
Somerset School Admissions
The online portal for applications for children to start secondary school in September 2023, or transfer to Upper school, is now OPEN.
The closing date is 31 October 2022.
PLEASE NOTE FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE DUE TO START SCHOOL IN RECEPTION IN SEPTEMBER 2023 OR TRANSFER TO JUNIOR OR MIDDLE SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER 2023, THE ON LINE PORTAL WILL BE OPEN ON 26TH SEPTEMBER 2022.
A few tips before you start;
1. If you previously applied for a child starting or transferring school in 2017 or earlier you will need to re-register on the portal as a new system was introduced at this time.
2. If you do not receive your registration or forgotten password email please check your junk mail. If you still do not received an email please contact email@example.com
3. We do not use Unique Identification Numbers (UID) in Somerset so if prompted, just click ‘NO UID’.
As with any IT system there is always the potential for unforeseen issues so if you experience any problems, please let us know and we’ll look into it as quickly as we can.
Oakfield Academy are responsible for any in-year admission applications.
Please contact the academy directly for information.
Places will be allocated in line with LA and Academy policy.
If the school is oversubscribed the Council’s criteria will be used to decide which children have priority for places.
- Download and complete the County Application Form from the link provided.
- Contact Mrs Rebecca Sanders at Oakfield Academy on 01373 462539, who will advise on current spaces available within the School.
- Arrange tour of School.
- The Governing Body authorises the Head to act on its behalf with regard to school admissions.